During the summer I am all about salads!
This recipe is an adaptation from one of my favorite cook books The Homegrown Paleo, by Diana Rodgers, NTP with Andrew Rodgers.
Sugar Snap Pea and Strawberry Salad with a Gingery Herb Vinaigrette
2 cups sugar snap peas, tops cut off and sliced in half
2 cups baby spinach
2 cups arugula
1/4 medium red onion, thinly sliced
1 large bunch of radishes, washed and sliced very thin
2 cups strawberries, thinly sliced
1 cups crumbled feta ... or add to taste!
For the dressing
Juice from 1 lime
Juice from 1 lemon
1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro leaves
1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup cold-pressed, extra-virgin olive oil
Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. Steam the snap peas over boiling water for about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, combine the spinach and arugula.
3. Add the red onion, radishes, chilled sugar snap peas, strawberries and feta. Protein options like chicken, steak or shrimp could also be added at this time.
4. Time for the dressing: Combine the dressing ingredients in a food processor or immersion blender.
5. Dress the salad right before serving.
Tip! Make extra dressing and refrigerate for future use on salads or use as a sauce for chicken or steak.
Buy the plates here :)