I love soup all year round, but when it's hot outside hot soup is just not cool (haha). This soup has a nice hearty flavor and a kick of spice and when served chilled it's the perfect summer alternative!
Chilled Avocado Soup
3 Tbs avocado oil
1 cup diced yellow onion
1 serrano chile, stemmed, seeded and diced
3 garlic cloved, minced
Salt for seasoning
3 firm ripe avocados, halved, pitted, peeled and mashed
1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and roughly chopped
2 cups chicken broth
1cups coconut milk
1 lemon, juiced
1-2 cups water
Left over vegetables to add as a topping
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of the avocado oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and chile and cook for about 2 minutes. Then add the garlic and cook until all ingredients are soft, about 2 minutes.
2. Stir in salt, to taste. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
3. In a large bowl, add the avocado, cucumber, chicken broth, coconut milk, lemon juice and onion mixture. Add, in batches, to a blender and puree until smooth. Add water to achieve desired consistency. Blend in salt and pepper to taste.
4. Pour soup into a covered container and chill for about 3 hours.
5. Pour the chilled soup into individual bowls. Top with leftover vegetables like chopped radishes and a peeled carrot.