This wonderful appetizer is great to take to an outdoor party to share!
The recipe was adapted from Epicurious Fresh Magazine 2014. The original recipe calls for pizza dough, but I prefer the slight sweetness of the naan. And the convenience of buying it pre-made.
Peach, Prosciutto, and Mozzarella Flat Bread
2 pre-made naan bread from Whole Foods
1/2 pound fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
2 peaches, thinly sliced
1 cup baby arugula and baby spinach
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
3 Tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
1/2 small lemon, juiced
6 oz thinly sliced prosciutto
2 oz shelled and coarsely chopped pistachios - lightly toasted or raw
2 Tbsp honey (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. On a baking pan, equally add the sliced mozzarella first and then the sliced peaches to the two pieces of naan bread.
3. Bake for about 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
4. While the naan is baking, toss arugula, spinach and basil with oil, lemon juice, sea salt and black pepper to taste.
5. Top the flatbreads with prosciutto, arugula mixture, and pistachios.
6. Optional - drizzle with honey.
Follow the link here to buy the fabulous platter!